Do you know what makes a painting job in Livermore, CA, successful? It’s not really in the quality of paints or painting techniques, but it’s actually in the preparation of surfaces before painting.
Professional residential painters in Livermore know that proper surface cleaning and preparation are the keys to a flawless and long-lasting paint finish. Painting a surface that’s dirty will result in adhesion problems for the new topcoat – the dirt will show through the newly painted surface and even cling onto your brush or roller as you paint.
But when was the last time you cleaned your home’s siding? It might have a buildup of dirt, soot, grime, and molds, which might have become too stubborn to remove with mere manual brushing. The ultimate solution would be power washing. The vigorous water jets coming out of the power washer can tackle tough dirt, grease, grime, and other contaminants, as well as loose old paint.
Custom Painting, Inc.’s professional power washing services restore the look of your home’s siding or prepare it for a new paint job.
Benefits of power washing
Power washing services from professionals like Custom Painting, Inc. can provide you with the following benefits:
- Enhanced curb appeal – Power washing cuts through layers of stubborn dirt, restoring your home’s original beauty and enhancing its curb appeal.
- Prevention of mold, mildew, and algae growth – In most cases, power washing alone is enough to remove mold, mildew, and algae completely and prevent their growth.
- Extended life of your home – When surfaces are loaded with deep-seated dirt and mold, etc., they will eventually damage your siding. Power washing removes all the dirt, keeping the surfaces clean and extending the life of the building.
- Cost-effective maintenance – Power washing is a cost-effective solution for cleaning and protecting your home from damage. Also, power washers are quite expensive to purchase and maintain, and you’ll only use them once in a while. In that case, hiring a professional to do the power washing is better and more economical than purchasing or renting a power washer.
- Health and safety – Mold and mildew growth in your siding can damage your home if left untreated. Over time, mold and mildew can spread and migrate to other parts of your home, leading to serious health concerns. Power washing your siding will get rid of mold and mildew and prevent them from spreading further.
- Increased property value – If you plan to sell your home soon, a clean and neat-looking home will attract potential buyers. Professional power washing services will keep your home’s exterior surface look and feel pristine, giving potential buyers the impression that the house has been well-maintained and cared for.
Our power washing services
Custom Painting, Inc. offers power washing services for regular siding and other surfaces such as decks and pools.
- House washing – Power washing removes tough dirt, soot, oil, grime, mold, mildew, algae, or peeling or chipping old paint from the siding. It also prepares your siding for painting.
- Deck and patio cleaning – Keep your deck and patio spotlessly clean, or get it ready for painting or staining with power washing.
- Driveway and sidewalk cleaning – Power washing is the ideal solution to cut through layers of stubborn algae, moss, mold, dirt, oil, and grease, eliminating them from your driveway and sidewalk.
- Roof cleaning – Cleaning the roof prevents issues like mold and algae from growing while keeping your roof clean and attractive.
- Pool area cleaning – Power washing removes algae, dirt, mold, etc., from the pool floor or deck.
- Gutter cleaning – Power washing cleans and unclogs your gutter. Our crew uses a special gutter cleaning set in tandem with a power washer that can be operated from the ground.
- Graffiti removal (if applicable) — In several cases, power washing alone can effectively remove graffiti. It is a better, more effective, and more environmentally friendly option than using harsh paint-removing chemicals.
Our power-washing process
Here is Custom Painting, Inc.’s approach to power-washing your home’s siding:
- Assessment – Our crew assesses the condition of your home’s siding by identifying areas to be cleaned. This is to determine whether power washing or other solutions will be used to clean the siding.
- Preparation – Our crew will prepare the workspace by protecting lawns, bushes, hedges, flower beds, decks, and other surfaces from the water. Why would we also cover lawns, bushes, and other plants? After the powerful water jets break down dirt, mold, and loose paint, the water flowing down the surface will likely carry contaminants that pollute your lawn and garden plants. Also, covering lawns and plants will protect them from dripping paint if you’re going to do exterior painting after washing the surface.
- Power washing – Our crew power washes the siding, starting at the top of the house and then working their way down, following the natural flow of water. They will repeat the process until the surface is completely cleaned. If doors and windows are also included, our crew will power wash them on a lower-pressure setting.
- Final inspection – Once the power washing is completed, the siding is left to air dry naturally. Next, our crew assesses the results by inspecting the siding to make sure that all surfaces to be cleaned are now completely washed. If necessary, our crew repeats the power washing process for areas that require further cleaning.
You can benefit from Custom Painting, Inc.’s other services, such as interior and exterior painting, acoustic ceiling removal, deck painting or staining, wallpaper removal, water-damaged ceiling repair, wood rot repair and removal, drywall repair, and many others. Check out our website to learn more about our services!