Stucco is one of the oldest siding materials and is still very much in use today. It is a cement-type mixture typically made of Portland cement, lime, sand, and water and then applied on the surface as a finish.
Because of its texture, stucco adds protection and appeal to your residential or commercial building in Livermore, CA. As an exterior finish, stucco is a more budget-friendly option compared to other siding materials (such as brick) but adds a high-end look to exterior walls.
In addition to aesthetics and cost-effectiveness, stucco provides other benefits, such as resistance to outside noise and fire. But just like any other siding, stucco can be prone to damage due to various reasons, such as improper composition or application, extreme changes in temperature and weather, and natural phenomena like earthquakes. Another disadvantage of stucco is its vulnerability to moisture, so it needs to be sealed and waterproofed.
Suppose your commercial building is sided with stucco and needs repair and paint. In that case, the best painters in Livermore, such as Custom Painting, Inc., can fix these surface flaws and restore your stucco’s original appearance as if nothing happened!
Custom Painting, Inc. will transform and protect your commercial building’s stucco surface with their exceptional painting services, specializing in enhancing the appearance and extending the life of your commercial properties. Our experienced crew provides quality yet affordable solutions that can be comparable to the benefits of stucco installation.
The significance of stucco in a commercial building
Many companies choose stucco to complete their commercial buildings’ exterior or interior surfaces. And for good reasons!
- Aesthetics – Stucco has a visually appealing texture that adds character and allure to commercial buildings.
- Insulation – Stucco is an energy-efficient exterior treatment because it provides excellent insulation properties that help regulate temperature. This means you’ll be paying less for heating and cooling your commercial building throughout the year.
- Resistance to noise – Stucco insulates against noise much better than other exterior treatment options. Its porous texture enables it to absorb sound waves that prevent them from bouncing off walls and creating echoes, reducing the overall noise in a room.
- Resistance to fire – Stucco is innately fire-resistant, providing an added layer of safety to commercial buildings.
- Low maintenance – Properly applied stucco is relatively easy to maintain, requiring only simple cleaning a few times a year, repainting and resealing every few years, and inspections once a year at the most. Because stucco is durable, the issues are only minor and require a few simple fixes.
- Versatility – Stucco can be applied over any surface, including masonry, concrete walls, brick, and even wood.
Common stucco issues and solutions
Stucco is prone to certain problems, such as water damage. You may have identified any of the following issues occurring in your stucco walls. But the good news is that there is a solution to each of them.
- Fading and discoloration – Stucco walls fade mostly due to age. To keep it looking new, clean and make the necessary repairs on your stucco walls before applying them with a fresh coat of paint.
- Mold and mildew – Due to its porosity, stucco tends to absorb a lot of moisture. This leads to various problems like mold and mildew, which thrive in damp environments. There are many ways to protect your stucco walls from moisture, such as sealing, waterproofing, and waterproof sheathing.
- Cracks – To prevent stucco from cracking, make sure that the composition and application of stucco to walls are done correctly. But in case minor cracks occur, you can get by by applying masonry caulk. In the case of bigger cracks, stucco replacement is the best solution.
Our stucco repair process
Custom Painting, Inc. follows this approach to repairing damaged stucco:
- Assessment – Our crew assesses the condition of your building’s stucco surface by identifying areas of wear and tear, discoloration, etc., that will help them determine the necessary repairs, preparation, and paint steps.
- Preparation – Our crew will prepare the workspace by protecting lawns, bushes, hedges, flower beds, decks, furniture, floors, and other surfaces from paint.
- Repair work – Repairing stucco comes in two options, depending on the severity of the damage:
- Stucco repair for cracks, holes, and damage – Filling in cracks and holes of varying sizes and degrees (from hairline to diagonal cracks) with masonry caulk or stucco compound.
- Stucco restoration and refurbishment – Seamless restoration and refurbishment process may include stucco replacement.
- Quality check – Our crew conducts an inspection and final walkthrough to make sure that the repairs are properly completed.
Our stucco painting services
- Preparation – Following the repairs or replacement of stucco, our crew prepares the stucco surfaces by cleaning and priming them.
- Painting – In most cases, we use 100% acrylic latex paint on stucco surfaces. The durability and flexibility of acrylic paints will maximize stucco’s breathability. We usually apply paint on stucco by spraying first. As stucco has bumps and ridges, spraying paint will cover the front alone, leaving slivers and pockmarks unpainted. Next, we back-roll the painted surface by using a regular paint roller to ensure complete coverage. Then, we let the first coat of paint dry and apply a second coat.
- Finish and protection – Custom Painting’s professional stucco repair and paint services seal flaws and imperfections, provide protection against the elements, restore the look of your commercial building, and enhance its curb appeal (in the case of exterior stucco).
Why choose our services?
Custom Painting, Inc. is a licensed and insured full-service painting company that has been providing residential and commercial painting, repair, and minor custom installation services in the Bay Area for over 40 years. We have worked with every type of surface, including stucco. We are committed to using high-quality materials and tried-and-true techniques to ensure a quality finish in every paint job we tackle.
Whatever issues your stucco walls have, we will come up with efficient, reliable, but cost-friendly solutions to keep your stucco walls protected and looking great for many years.
Contact us today!
Are you looking for commercial stucco repair and paint services? Reach out to a friendly team of the best painters in Livermore, CA, at Custom Painting, Inc. Contact us at 925-294-8062 or message us to obtain a free estimate! We look forward to working with you!