Exterior painting, exterior staining, and restoration of your home in Livermore, CA, are some of the essential home renovation projects that you should do as the exterior of your home is the first thing anyone will see when they visit it. A well-maintained exterior gives your visitors the impression that you take the effort of taking care of your home very well.
There’s nothing like a fresh coat of paint or stain to improve and transform the look of your home and enhance its curb appeal. Staining can be a good alternative to painting, especially if you want to preserve the natural color, texture, and grain of your wooden siding. It is also less costly than painting. Depending on the condition of your wooden siding, it does not need more than one coat of stain.
A professional wood staining job by Custom Painting, Inc. adds protection, charm, and elegance to your home. Custom Painting, Inc. can make the process easier and smoother to give your home’s exterior surfaces a complete makeover without the hassle and headache. Our team of skilled and experienced painters delivers no less than the highest quality results that you can truly be proud of. Your home will become the envy of your neighbors!
What is exterior staining?
Exterior staining is the application stains to a wooden siding. Stain is a liquid substance applied to wood that penetrates the surface and imparts a rich color to wood. Wood stains can be water-based or oil-based.
The main difference between stain and paint is that paint settles on top of the surface instead of seeping into the surface. Paint needs to be applied on surfaces that should be primed first, while stain does not need a primer. In wood staining, only one coat of stain is typically applied, whereas paints take more time to apply as they need several coats of application.
In addition to enhancing wood’s natural color and grain, stains seal off the wood’s pores, preventing it from taking moisture and adding a layer of protection from the sun’s UV rays, reducing or preventing discoloration, shrinking, or warping.
Here are the following benefits of hiring exterior staining services:
- Protection from the elements – When wood is not treated, it is exposed to weather elements, such as sunlight and moisture, causing your wooden siding to shrink, warp, and rot. It is also vulnerable to insects and pests, leading to further rot and deterioration. Staining will protect your wooden siding from the harsh weather conditions and insect infestation, preserving its look and integrity.
- Enhanced curb appeal – Staining your home’s exterior can be a cost-effective but valuable investment, especially from a resale perspective. Hiring professional residential painters in Livermore, CA to apply a fresh coat of stain to your home’s exterior surfaces is one way to give your home the extra “oomph” that potential buyers would love to check out. Not only does staining protect your wood siding from the external elements, but it also enhances the wood’s natural color and grain, making your home very attractive to buyers, visitors, onlookers.
- Extended life to your wood siding – Depending on how often you maintain your wood siding, it typically lasts 20 to 50 years. But general wear and tear, extreme weather conditions, and insect infestation can age your wooden siding quickly. So, staining your wood siding guarantees protection and extension of its useful life.
- Preservation of your wood siding – Without a layer of protection such as paint or stain, your wood siding will be more vulnerable to shrinking, warping, mold and mildew, and rot. If your siding experiences wood rot, there’s no other way you can do but replace it, which can lead to damage to your home’s structure and add another expense. Regularly staining your home’s exterior will give your siding a reliable defense against moisture and UV rays, preventing it from shrinking or rotting.
Why choose professional staining services? It’s true that staining is easier than painting and it can be done by any DIY home improvement hobbyist. However, there are big benefits that you can get from hiring a professional crew to stain your home’s exterior:
- Experience and expertise
- Painters are licensed and insured
- Quick and efficient service
- Use of quality paints, coatings, and equipment
- Work safety
- Time and cost savings
- Guaranteed quality results
In other words, hiring professional painting contractors in Livermore is a smart investment. From experience to quality results, the benefits are clear. So, if you’re considering an exterior staining project for your home, hire a professional residential painter to ensure that the job is done right the first time.
What we offer
Custom Painting, Inc.’s staining services can apply to:
Our crew typically follows the staining process steps below:
- Customization options – We carefully select stains based on their color and transparency (clear, semi-solid, and solid) and the condition of the wood surfaces.
- Surface preparation and cleaning – If the wood surface is previously stained or painted, all traces of the old paint or stain must be removed by stripping. Then the surface is sanded and cleaned prior to applying a new stain. Whether the wood is new and bare or stripped of its old coating and then sanded, staining generally does not require priming.
- Application of new stain – Our crew may choose to brush or roll stains onto the wood surface. We always recommend two coats of stain for the siding, although there may be more as the wood can absorb.
- Sealing and finishing – It consists of the application of sealant and type of finish, which adds protection to the wood surface.
Why choose us?
Custom Painting, Inc. has the experience and expertise in all areas of interior and exterior painting applications for residential and commercial properties in Livermore, CA, and other Bay Area cities. We offer a comprehensive range of services including wood rot repair, ceiling repair, popcorn ceiling removal, waterproofing concrete and masonry, custom crown molding installation, dual-pane window installation, and so much more.
We are a licensed and insured company with over 40 years of experience in the paint service business. We don’t discriminate against jobs – whether the project is big or small, each deserves the quality results that only we at Custom Painting, Inc. can provide. What matters most to us is your complete satisfaction.
Contact us today!
Contact Custom Painting, Inc. today and discuss your next staining, painting, or any home improvement project with us. Schedule a free estimate by calling us at 925-294-8062 or filling out this request form. We are looking forward to working with you!